Saint Louise House provides single mothers and their children the stable housing and wraparound services they need to succeed. Our highly-individualized, holistic approach and two-generational services foster education, financial stability and healthy living and provide pathways out of poverty that will last a lifetime.
Families live in their own fully-furnished, two-bedroom apartments and pay rent at deeply subsidized rates. This stability provides a foundation for families to build economic security. When families graduate from the program, they get to take everything in the apartment with them to their new home.
Saint Louise House meets every family where they are and ensures they have the support they need to overcome barriers to self-sufficiency. Every mother sets her own goals and finds support for achieving them in her Empowerment Partner, a professional social worker who meets with her weekly.
Saint Louise House provides flexible services that ensure that basic needs are met, families have access to community resources, and families are supported on their journey toward self-sufficiency.
- Financial Literacy and Money Management. Supported by their Empowerment Partners, mothers work through the Consumer Financial Protection Board’s Your Money, Your Goals curriculum and learn how to better manage their financial situation and budget for a future outside poverty.
- Employment Services. Through one-on-one coaching and group workshops, mothers build their resumes, improve their job search and interview skills, and access better employment opportunities. Every family has a computer in their home, internet access, and support for developing the digital literacy skills that will open new pathways to success.
- Life Skills. Through weekly workshops, families learn about everything from buying their own home to basic car maintenance.
- Parenting Skills. Through one-on-one coaching and parent groups based on the evidence-based Nurturing Parenting curriculum, mothers improve their parenting skills and develop stronger relationships with their children.
- Children’s Services. We make the most of every day that a child is at Saint Louise House by providing a safe, stable environment as well as age-appropriate activities supporting the social and emotional development of children at every age. We also provide financial support for participation in extracurricular activities.
- Flexible Direct Support. With the support of donations and community partnerships, Saint Louise House provides families with flexible support for meeting basic needs as well as achieving their goals. Support takes many forms: a food and supply pantry, bus passes, utility assistance, quarters for laundry, financial support for education, employment, medical or other needs.
Program Eligibility & Application
You can download program Eligibility Requirements and the Saint Louise House Application here. Please submit the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding the application please call (512) 326-2774 and someone will be able to assist you.
Puede descargar los requisitos de elegibilidad del programa y la solicitud de Saint Louise House abajo. Envíe la solicitud por correo electrónico a email@example.com
Si usted tiene preguntas con respecto a la solicitud por favor llame (512) 326-2774 y alguien podrá asistirle.