The school bells will be ringing on Monday morning all over Austin, and Saint Louise House kids and moms are armed and ready for a year of educational success. At Saint Louise House we understand the important role education plays in transforming the lives of mothers and children who’ve experienced homelessness and poverty. We work to encourage and support educational goals that are in line with our mission to empower women. This fall, we have 40+ kids going to school and more than 50% of moms in continuing educational programs ranging from GED classes to college.
The task of ensuring all back-to-school needs of SLH families are met doesn’t happen without the help of many individuals, groups, organizations and companies. Saint Louise House gives an “A+” to:
- Anna and Matthew Balthaza and their Bible Study groups for their donation of Target gift cards
- Crawford Electric Supply Company and their employees whose donations provided Target gift cards
- The St. Vincent DePaul Conference of St. John Neumann Catholic Church for their donation which also helped provide gift cards
- Austin New Church for their donations of backpacks and supplies for moms continuing their education
- Seton Rehabilitation Services for the 40 sets of school supply” kits” and
- Assistance League of Austin through Operation School Bell for their generous donations of clothing and backpacks!
Addressing the educational goals of SLH families happens throughout the year, not just in August! You can make a donation to support that work here.