Saint Louise House is collaborating with Austin Energy to improve the energy efficiency of one of our apartment complexes through the federal stimulus Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP). A total off 22 units serving Saint Louise House families will be eligible to receive the following upgrades:
- additional attic, wall and floor insulation
- duct system repair and sealing
- home sealing (such as weather stripping) around entry doors
- repair or replacement of inefficient heating and cooling systems
- replacement of inefficient refrigerators
- replacement of gas stoves found to be leaking carbon monoxide
- installation of energy efficient light bulbs
This will mean significant savings for our families and Saint Louise House! In addition, we are proud to be the first multi-family apartment complex to collaborate with Austin Energy in this effort.
Many thanks to Austin Energy!